Noah Webster Library
Parking: Isham Garage (go directly to library to validate parking)
Bishops Corner Branch
Parking: Surface Lot
Parking: Surface Lot
Changes in Social Security and Integrating Them in Retirement. Retirement is one of the most important life events many of us will ever experience. When to collect Social Security may be the single most important decision you make in context of planning your retirement. This is a great opportunity to learn KEY CONCEPTS you need to know BEFORE applying for Social Security. Depending on your age, Social Security filing strategies may boost lifetime benefits & increase retirement income by tens of thousands. Always consider Social Security payout as a component of your retirement plan. We will inform you about:
• January 1, 2016 Social Security regulation changes impacting the filing timing options available to you.
• How Social Security benefits are calculated and the advanced planning required to increase them.
• Why married couples, divorced and widowed individuals can miss out on significant lifetime sums.
• How Social Security sums may be integrated into a retirement analysis projecting future monthly income.
• The “three legged stool” approach to retirement planning and how to support your needs in the future.
• What is your money earmarked for? Income, growth, preservation, legacy?
• Will I outlive my money in retirement? How can I avoid this?
Mike Alimo (ChFEBC, Investment Advisor Representative). Beginning 30 years ago working for various Wall Street brokerage houses, veteran financial advisor Alimo's last 17 years have been devoted to serving clientele around CT and New England at his USA Financial & Tax Services, LLC. With a focus on retirement planning and risk management, his services portfolio includes: comprehensive financial planning; investment and portfolio management; wealth preservation and transfer strategies; individual, business and estate tax planning; IRA and 401K rollovers; education funding; Insurance and LongTerm Care planning, as well as tax preparation. In gratitude for many years of business and support from clients and friends around the state, Michael remains committed to giving back to the community via informational presentations and educational workshops. He has hosted many seminars, speaking to groups about a broad array of financial, investment and retirement topics. Venues included libraries, universities, churches and congregations as well as many of the local town continuing education programs.