Noah Webster Library
Parking: Isham Garage (go directly to library to validate parking)
Bishops Corner Branch
Parking: Surface Lot
Parking: Surface Lot
THIS DISCUSSION IS FULL AND ROOM IS AT CAPACITY - PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED. THERE IS NO WAITLIST REMAINING.
In anticipation of author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's visit to West Hartford on October 24, six discussions of Ms. Adichie's books have been scheduled, all led by Connecticut librarians.
Discussions start at 7:00pm in the Noah Webster Library, Board Room, 20 South Main Street, West Hartford. Registration is required as seating capacity is at 25. Please do not try to attend if you are waitlisted and have not been contacted that an available seat has opened up - there are no extra seats. Discussions are 60-90 minutes. Please register by clicking on EACH DATE below, then go to the bottom of the page to enter your registration details for each book.
• AUGUST 5 Monday – Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto In Fifteen Suggestions. Facilitator: Sunnie Scarpa, Director, E.C. Scranton Memorial Library, Madison.
• AUGUST 14 Wednesday - Purple Hibiscus. Facilitator: Michele Penn, Law Librarian, New Haven Law Library.
• AUGUST 19 Monday - The Thing Around Your Neck. Facilitator: Cindy Haiken, Reference and Readers Advisory Librarian, Wallingford Public Library.
• AUGUST 21 Wednesday – We Should All Be Feminists. Facilitator: Tina Panik, Reference & Adult Services Manager, Avon Library.
• SEPTEMBER 5 Thursday – Half of a Yellow Sun. Facilitator: Kate Byroade, Director, Cragin Memorial Library, Colchester.
• SEPTEMBER 10 Tuesday – Americanah. Facilitator: Bridget Quinn-Carey, CEO, Hartford Public Library.
Each discussion must be registered for individually.
PARKING: Please park in the nearby nearby Isham Garage. Your parking will be validated at the library - bypass the parking kiosks in the garage. Come directly to the library and head straight for the Information Desk on the main level, where you will enter in your license plate number into a validation tablet. Then proceed to the Board Room on the upper level for the discussion.