Noah Webster Library
Bishops Corner Branch
Virtual library events for our community to enjoy from home!
Are you looking to purchase your first home? How do you find the right people to help you? Where do you start?
This workshop will guide you through the process as a first-time homebuyer in Connecticut. Hosted by Attorney Shari Ann Madho (licensed to practice in CT, NY, and DC) and Mortgage Broker Lisa Long (licensed in CT). Topics include:
• How to find and snag the right home
• Signing a real estate contract
• Title insurance – do I need it?
• How do I qualify for an FHA loan?
• What type of loan should I get?
• How can I improve my credit score?
• Why do I need a home inspection?
• Understanding Closing Costs
• Preparing for closing day
Shari Ann Madho is the Managing Partner of Legal Advocates, LLC. She primarily practices in the area of residential and commercial real estate and has conducted thousands of residential real estate closings across the state of Connecticut. She also has experience in other areas of law such as commercial real estate, insurance law, family law, trust and estates, business organization, and contracts. She is also a title agent with CATIC and WFG. Shari graduated from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 2010 and is currently admitted to practice law in the State of Connecticut, the State of New York, and the District of Columbia.